Discover this great state of Alaska through LocalTom, providing abundant local business listing and reviews. What was a familiar area for Russian whalers and fur traders was once offered $7.2 million to them by U.S. Secretary of State William H. Seward in 1867. On October 18, 1867, Alaska officially became the property of the U.S. and officially became the 49th state on January 3, 1959. Just as how the gold rush of 1849 attracted many to move out to California, Joe Juneau's discovery of gold ushered in the gold rush era in 1880.
Alaska's massive geographical size hosts many natural resources, which in return employs thousands of people that support local businesses. Much of the Alaskans work in industries directly tied to the most important revenue sources - oil and natural gas industry; and fishing and seafood industry is the state's largest private industry employer. As a result, most of America's favorite seafood choices such as salmon, crab, halibut, and herring come from Alaska.
1. Long House Alaskan Hotel Based on 1 Ratings We left for a day of sight-seeing and when we returned the toilet was still blocked. I went to the front desk and was handed a plunger. I unstopped the toilet myself. I didn't... 2. Ramada Based on 43 Ratings 3. A Wildflower Inn Based on 1 Ratings
1. Glacier Brew House Based on 1 Ratings My wife enjoyed the duck entree while I stuck with the halibut. Both were prepared to perfection. Our waitress was extremely attentive and efficient. It is a great place to go,... 2. Simon & Seafort's Based on 42 Ratings 3. Marx Brothers Cafe Based on 44 Ratings
1. Gap Body Based on 3 Ratings Apparel, lingerie, etc: I just love to buy stuff there because it's not just the brand name but I think the quality and the jeans, especially, jeans they are really nice...lingerie's... 2. Value Village Based on 3 Ratings 3. Good News Bible & Book Store Based on 3 Ratings
Alaska Bars and Clubs
1. Rumrunners Old Towne Bar Based on 15 Ratings Don't order a soft drink at lunch!: Went for lunch yesterday. Food was OK. Service was fine, but when I asked for a soft drink refill, I was told it was another $2 for a lousy... 2. Raven Based on 3 Ratings 3. Castle Mega Store Based on 2 Ratings
Alaska Beauty Salons
1. Therapeutic Body Ctr Day Spa Based on 4 Ratings For the money I paid there I wanted to be treated like a queen for a day, instead I felt like I was at a spa being run by children. My special day was ruined. Never again am I... 2. Great Clips Based on 2 Ratings 3. Hair Concepts Based on 2 Ratings
1. Crystal Child Center Based on 2 Ratings The outside is unimpressive, but give it a chance and walk through the doors to get a look at the inside, and see the smiling kids. I am so glad I found this place, it eases the... 2. Daniel Boxing School Based on 2 Ratings 3. Far North Yarn Co Based on 1 Ratings
Some business listings and their related information may have been obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies.
Ratings and review scores are collected from third parties to assist you in your decision making. They do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content, ratings, and reviews from third parties.