Named after General Richard Montgomery, who fought and died in the Revolutionary War, Montgomery is the capital of Alabama. It is the state's second largest city with just over two hundred thousand people who call it home. It was also the first capital of the Confederate States of America before it was moved to Richmond, Virginia. In the 20th century, it was among the most significant sites of the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
Montgomery was the city in which Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat for a White passenger. It was also here that the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Selma to Montgomery marches took place. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who organized the Selma to Montgomery marches, came to prominence while serving as a pastor at the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church, also located in Alabama's capital. Montgomery is a must visit destination for anyone with great interest in the African-American Civil Rights Movement. Let Local Tom be your local guide to this historical city.
1. Comfort Inn Based on 14 Ratings The continental breakfast was decent - self service waffles, biscuits and gravy, muffins, doughnuts, coffee, juice. Dislikes: The juice machine ran out of juice, the ice machine... 2. America's Best Inns & Suites Based on 13 Ratings 3. Fairfield Inn Based on 20 Ratings
1. Corsino's Italian Foods Based on 25 Ratings I just wasn't impressed and I detected no scent of garlic in the air. Good Italian to me means garlic. On the plus side, the staff was very nice and helpful. That goes a long way... 2. Chris' Hot Dog Based on 45 Ratings 3. Jubilee Seafood Co Inc Based on 38 Ratings
1. Books-A-Million Based on 6 Ratings when ever i enter into this book store it cannot put myself to come out of the shop.They have almost all the books that i ever looked for.Even any book is not available they would... 2. Sears Roebuck & Co Based on 7 Ratings 3. Eastdale Mall Office Based on 10 Ratings
1. Capital City Club Based on 3 Ratings The prices will reflect this...and you may pay $20 for a salad, but the food is generally not all that expensive for what you are getting. And the quality of the food is above... 2. Woodmere Tavern Based on 8 Ratings 3. Fox & Hound Pub & Grille Based on 4 Ratings
1. Garbo's Hair Salon Based on 6 Ratings The work is not especially cheap but the quality is undeniable. Moreover, the atmosphere lacks the rudeness and arrogance often seen in other upscale Montgomery salons. On the... 2. Hair Odyssey Based on 3 Ratings 3. Hair Masters Based on 3 Ratings
1. Value Place Based on 3 Ratings On Saturday night there was a fight in the parking lot between four or five adults who were staying on our floor. Several of the guys fighting came in to the hallway by our room... 2. Verandas At Mitylene Based on 3 Ratings 3. Azalea Hills Suites Based on 5 Ratings
Some business listings and their related information may have been obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies.
Ratings and review scores are collected from third parties to assist you in your decision making. They do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content, ratings, and reviews from third parties.