Did you know the world's first Skyscraper was built in Chicago in 1885 and first Aquarium opened in Chicago in 1893? Also the Des Plaines is home to the first McDonald's. Illinois plays an important logistical point for the United States as it's centrally located between the East and the West along with its railroad system and airports. Today, Illinois is one of the largest producers of agricultural, metal, chemical, oil, and food producers in the country.
With Chicago as the most familiar destination in Illinois for many around the world, Illinois has no shortage of places to visit, flavors to taste, and experiences to live out. So be sure to check out the best places to go for all things local in Illinois on LocalTom.
1. Sofitel Based on 747 Ratings I loved the decor of the hotel, very modern and relaxing. I'm not sure what the room rate was, as we were not paying and traveling on business. We were placed in a room on the... 2. Whitehall Hotel Based on 941 Ratings 3. Sheraton-Chicago Based on 267 Ratings
1. Morton's The Steakhouse Based on 1 Ratings I was not impressed by the decor. Our total bill was $190, including two glasses of wine, one NY Strip, one large rib eye, one side of sauteed mushrooms, one order of mashed potatoes,... 2. Japonais Restaurant Based on 1 Ratings 3. Vermilion Based on 1 Ratings
1. Chicago Comics Based on 1 Ratings Most likely any given employee has more than 3 tattoos-that was my feel. They also seem to leave you well enough alone or they just talk amongst themselves. I'm not sure as I've... 2. Urban Outfitters Based on 1 Ratings 3. Barry Regent Cleaners Based on 1 Ratings
Illinois Bars and Clubs
1. Burwood Based on 18 Ratings There are probably about 10 TVs positioned throughout the bar, and there is usually sports going on all of them. Every night there is free popcorn available for the taking. Drinks... 2. Irish Eyes Based on 1 Ratings 3. Berlin Based on 1 Ratings
Illinois Beauty Salons
1. Mitazi Nail Salon Based on 1 Ratings But your nails look EXCELLENT after leaving and will last a long time. It is also true that the girls working there are quiet at best, and surly at most. There's kind-of a trendy-clicque... 2. Waxing Room Based on 11 Ratings 3. Fases Salon Based on 6 Ratings
1. Country Wood Apartments Based on 14 Ratings There is no recycling on-site, so if you recycle, you must drive to the City of Naperville facility on Jefferson. Also, there is no fitness center or clubhouse, if that matters... 2. Hawthorn Ridge Apartments Based on 8 Ratings 3. Eden's Garden Based on 3 Ratings
Some business listings and their related information may have been obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies.
Ratings and review scores are collected from third parties to assist you in your decision making. They do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content, ratings, and reviews from third parties.