Ohio is a state with its destiny in the stars. The Wright brothers (the first to achieve powered, heavier than air flight), John Glenn (the first American in space) and Neil Armstrong (the first person to set foot on the moon) are all Ohioans. The geography of Ohio is very diverse. From the Appalachians to the Till Plains to Lake Erie, Ohio has it all. Ohio started life off as French territory and was important for its trading posts which helped the French control the fur trade. The ownership of the area went from French to British as a result of the French Indian War in 1754. Ohio officially became a part of the United States in 1783. Over the years, Ohio has been the home of several firsts. In 1865, the world's first ambulance service was founded in Cincinnati. Likewise, Cincinnati also fielded the first ever professional fire department. The first traffic light in America was installed in Cleveland. It is also the home of champions. Jesse Owens was raised in Cleveland and went on to win four gold medal in the 1936 Berlin Olympics, humiliating Hitler on his own turf. As a result, Ohio is rich in history and many attractions of great historical value can be found around this state.
1. Comfort Suites Based on 150 Ratings Corridors were wide, carpet was clean. Only drawback is lack of soundproofing, as stated in earlier reviews. Other doors can be heard to slam, loud conversations can be heard from... 2. Rodeway Inn-North Based on 138 Ratings 3. Howard Johnson-Express South Based on 68 Ratings
1. Eddie George Grille Based on 47 Ratings My family recently had dinner at Eddie George's Grille 27--just a great experience all around! Fast seating, friendly efficient waiters, great atmosphere, and gee, what a surprise,... 2. Blue Danube Restaurant Based on 33 Ratings 3. Trattoria Roma Based on 1 Ratings
1. Used Kids Records Based on 1 Ratings They have thousands of used LPs and have them priced quite reasonably. A giant dollar section and many others for five dollars or less. I had to stop myself because I was finding... 2. Plato's Closet Based on 5 Ratings 3. T J Maxx Based on 5 Ratings
Ohio Bars and Clubs
1. Red Door Tavern Based on 1 Ratings Decor is the old original (dated) -- but prices have just been raised, so expect some of the new profits to be put into a wash and repaint at least, to attract more under 40 year-olds.... 2. O'Shaughnessy's Public House Based on 1 Ratings 3. Skye Bar Based on 13 Ratings
Ohio Beauty Salons
1. Mac & Co Based on 6 Ratings She is excellent with color and cut my hair has never looked so healthy and shiny. I returned to work the next day and 2 other employees immediately made an appt. to see her. She... 2. Aveda Institute Based on 7 Ratings 3. Aesthetic Studio Based on 3 Ratings
Some business listings and their related information may have been obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies.
Ratings and review scores are collected from third parties to assist you in your decision making. They do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content, ratings, and reviews from third parties.