The famous image of the four former presidents' faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln sculpted into Mount Rushmore is located in South Dakota, and is also the world's greatest mountain carving. The sculptor, Gutzon Borglum, began this monumental project in 1927 by drilling into the 6,200 foot Mount Rushmore. This historical carving took nearly 14 years and cost a approximately $1 million. The Shrine to Democracy is now deemed priceless.
South Dakota is a funnier side too. Idaho may be the potato capital of America, but in South Dakota, the Potato Capital of South Dakota, Clark is home to the world famous Mashed Potato Wrestling contest. Find out more by browsing through our restaurant listings, and reviews written by real people just like you.
1. Best Western Based on 152 Ratings It was a quiet area with parks within walking distance and bull deer that walk close at dusk. There are plenty of restaurants within three miles and the Colonial House Restaurant... 2. Microtel Inn Based on 47 Ratings 3. Super 8 Based on 35 Ratings
South Dakota Restaurants
1. Outback Steakhouse Based on 40 Ratings This is an excellent choice for a Friday night dinner with the family. My personal favorite dish is the 16oz. Melborne steak that literally melts in your mouth if you have it medium... 2. Chevys Fresh Mex Based on 21 Ratings 3. Hampton Inn-Rapid City Based on 73 Ratings
South Dakota Shopping
1. Best Buy Based on 9 Ratings She replied, I know we have it because someone asked about it the other day, but I am looking something up right now... Give me a minute. Ten minutes go by and by this time there... 2. Journey Museum Based on 4 Ratings 3. Wal-Mart Supercenter Based on 5 Ratings
South Dakota Bars and Club...
1. Joe's Place Based on 1 Ratings The menu was surprisingly big with diff sandwiches & even steaks. There were only 2 pool tables & 1 dartboard but the machines were newer. I plan on stopping by again today I lov... 2. Brass Rail Lounge Based on 4 Ratings 3. Gaslight Based on 2 Ratings
1. Victoria Estates Based on 2 Ratings My husband and I purchased a wedding set from here... the stones are awesome and for five years I have not had any problems with my ring at all! I never take my ring off and the... 2. Carrington Court Apartments Based on 2 Ratings 3. Kingsport Village Based on 1 Ratings
Some business listings and their related information may have been obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies.
Ratings and review scores are collected from third parties to assist you in your decision making. They do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content, ratings, and reviews from third parties.