Davey Crockett was not born on a mountaintop in Tennessee, but as the song continues, Davey was born on the banks of Limestone Creek near Greeneville (where a replica of the Crockett's log cabin stands today). Davey wasn't the only legend to come out from this historic state. Jackson, Tennessee was the home to the legendary railroad engineer Casey Jones.
Beyond just legends, Tennessee has its own flavor... literally! Tennessee is famous for the low and slow cooking of barbecue spare ribs that is now world renowned. As many will know, Bristol is known as the birthplace of Country Music, and rightfully so, another legend's home "Graceland" is located in Memphis. Elvis Presley's home, "Graceland," is the second most visited house in the country.
But don't just take our word for it! Go ahead and browse to read all the goodies written about nearly every business in Tennessee. Let LocalTom be your personal guide in everything local!
1. Edgewater Hotel Based on 207 Ratings However, some of the workmanship and materials used were not of "top quality". The painters left paint smears on the base tile in the bathroom and the laminate flooring... 2. Midtown Lodge Based on 93 Ratings 3. Terrace Motel & Cottages Based on 60 Ratings
1. Couva Calypso Cafe Based on 70 Ratings My choice, however, is the Lucayan salad ($5.54), which is a light yet flavorful confection of chicken so tender it melts in your mouth, Mandarin oranges, almonds, and a zippy... 2. Maggiano's Little Italy Based on 69 Ratings 3. Sole Mio Based on 169 Ratings
1. Musicians Hall Of Fame Museum Based on 11 Ratings The museum is smaller than others in Nashville but it's very, very interesting and definitely intriguing. Who knew that there was a core nucleus of session musicians who have,... 2. Parthenon Based on 9 Ratings 3. Cotton Mill Collection Based on 9 Ratings
Tennessee Bars and Clubs
1. Dan Mc Guiness Irish Pub Based on 41 Ratings The food, beer and service are all excellent. The weather allows for a great party atmosphere on the patio through Halloween with excellent music every night of the week ranging... 2. Rumba Based on 1 Ratings 3. Nashville Aquatic Club Based on 16 Ratings
Tennessee Beauty Salons
1. Modacapelli Hair Salon Based on 11 Ratings She explained specific styling techniques and how and why they would or wouldn't work with me. It was evident that she had a great deal of expertise. She then proceeded to give... 2. Natural Look Inc Based on 20 Ratings 3. Ziba International Based on 5 Ratings
Some business listings and their related information may have been obtained from third parties, and while we make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies.
Ratings and review scores are collected from third parties to assist you in your decision making. They do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We take no responsibility for the content, ratings, and reviews from third parties.